Thursday, September 25, 2008

Carrot juice and Core Secrets

So I'm sitting here in my workout clothes drinking carrot/apple juice and feeling really positive about my fitness future. I have worked out three times in the last week which is pretty much a lifetime record for me. Over the years I have bought ten zillion workout videos. We're talking all of them: TaeBo, two different Pilates series, New York City Ballet workout, Core Secrets and the Firm. And still I am possibly the least physically active person you've ever met. I considered putting on my bathing suit, slouching my shoulders, pooching out my tummy with no hairdo or makeup and taking one of those infamous "before" pictures to post. But since I've already worked out three whole times and look completely transformed already ; ) there just isn't much point. Or maybe I'm just too chicken to let you all see me in a swimsuit... Anyway, my thighs are screaming every time I move and it feels great! Part of my motivation came from watching Biggest Loser. In the first week they each lost the amount of weight I wanted to lose total! So I kinda staged my own intervention last night with The Davis. It was time, something had to be done! My name is Sarah Davis and I am a food addict. I love food. And why not? It tastes great. That's the trouble though is for the last week or so I have let it get out of control! (We're talking in addition to the 15-20 lbs I put on after getting married of course.) I was eating nonstop. Which equals even more extra pounds. So I confessed my trouble to Christopher and laid out the plan. Basically, I told him how much I actually need to be ingesting at each meal in the hopes that just knowing that he knows and is watching will keep me from doing it. Other than that I'm going to work out and keep juicing. (Yes, I juice. Only for a few months now but I really love it. Mostly just carrots and apples together is my favorite but I've tried other things too.) Keeps Stogie healthy also because he gets to eat the pulp. It's his favorite. If I am successful at my fitness endeavor I might be brave enough to post an "after" pic. ( With full hair and makeup and all my muscles flexed of course!) Time to go shower now. I smell gross. Or perhaps I should say I smell like the sweet smell of a person who is one step closer to fitness glory! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've encounaged me. Good luck!! How much did you hope to shed?

Sarah D. said...

I'm hoping for 10 fairly easily then 5-10 more but that will be pretty difficult I think to get off the last ten. I was abnormally thin before the wedding so I'm not hoping to get back down to that it wouldn't be realistic. But I think I could get down to pre-Christopher weight with moderate difficulty.

Robby and Lynsey said...

You are hysterical. Good luck to you in your efforts. I'm routing for you all the way! (And dreading the time I have ahead of me in only a couple of months!!!) Go you! :)