Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

At 8:55 AM today I turned 27! I feel so old and am not ready to be in my late 20's yet. Oh well. Spilt milk right? Christopher had to work today so Stogie and I drove over to my parents house. Mom and I spent the day together and Dad took us out to dinner this evening. Thanks guys! I wasn't ready to face 27 by myself today. 
My beautiful birthday present!!!

Not my best pic but I had to post it so you could see the humor.
I had on long pants, a sweatshirt and was rolled up in a sleeping bag
Miss and Tab however...

decided to pretend it was warm out and wear swim suits.
Who do you think people were looking at like they were 
crazy as they passed by?
Hint: It wasn't me. 
PS Tab is not naked in this pic it just looks like it ;) 
PPS I hope they don't kill me for posting pics of them in their swimsuits! Hehe.


Preface-
Here in the Davis household we don't just celebrate your birthday we celebrate your birthday week. Christopher started it the first year we were married. His birthday rolled around and he started (jokingly) saying he should get to do whatever he wanted because it was "Birthday Week". Well I thought it was so outrageously cute (and unusual for him to try to get his way- he is very much a peace making non boat rocking middle child) that he got to do whatever he wanted all week. Next year he tried to make it birthday month! But again I'm a sucker for anything cute he does and so we had Birthday Month. When my birthday came I went back to Birthday Week. (You see his b-day is at the end of Jan so celebrating all month leading up to it made sense. My birthday is at the beginning of August and it just seems weird to celebrate for a month after my b-day is long past.) 
So that's the backstory. 
This year we had to split it up. Part of last week and part of this week we've been celebrating me! So far there has been: Batman, Happy Panda chinese food, Krispy Kreme donuts, window shopping at the mall, Mama Mia, Spaghetti Factory, a day at Cannon Beach with Melissa and Tabitha, next week The Davis and I will go to the beach, and last and best of all... JEWELRY!!!! I love jewelry and Christopher who in general does not understand my fascination with it bought me a necklace for my birthday! This is headline news people. I had seen a necklace at a beautiful jewelry store called Na Hoku and fallen in love with it. I showed it to him once when we were window shopping and he remembered it. It is very sentimental and reminds me of my wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii because of the shape and materials. I cried. What a guy that Davis! 

Disclaimer: I do realize that extravagant Birthday Weeks will only last until we have kids but until then it's fun to be celebrated for a whole week. 
Disclaimer #2: This is the most extravagant of all the Birthday Weeks so far since this year Christopher is employed and not a student. Years past usually included more outings that were free, rental movies, window shopping and fast food :) They were equally good times!

5 comments:

Tara said...

First off~ I like that Tabi looks like a super model in her beach pic!
Secondly~ I love your fun birthday traditions!! You guys are so cute and now I think I want to do birthday week! And since my birthday is coming up...I better let Eric in on our new plan and start today!
I remmeber the good old days whenwe first got married and we would go all out and spend rediculous amounts of cash on each other...not so much these days, but maybe it is time to get back to our roots. :)

Marta said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was a great week! And I'm super impressed with Chris on the gift! It's a gorgeous necklace!

Coach T said...

Happy Birthday! 27 isn't bad; wait til 30!! You two make me laugh. I love traditions. Rita

Shannon Mullins (Salisbury) said...

Sarah, it has been forever! I found your blog on here through other blogs. The good old Cascade connection. Hope you are well. You can check out my blog too!
www.shannonlovesryan.blogspot.com.

Shannon Mullins (Salisbury)

Brittany Leverett said...

I am very impressed with Christopher! I think we should TOTALLY do the "Birthday week". I am all for that! It might even be fun when you have kids too...maybe a little thing everyday leading up to their Birthday party would be a Great tradition! Anyway, we miss you guys! I think you should take some time off and come see us before the weather turns to crap and it's too cold to do anything! ;o) Just a thought! Anyway, hope you have a Great day and I hope to hear from you soon! TTYL! ;o)